Sunday, July 12, 2009

Re-Committment

Tomorrow is about halfway through the season and is our "recommitment" date. Basically it's when we recommit to Team in Training, to our specified event, and to our fundraising goal. Also when we sign up for everything related to the event weekend, including tickets for guests to the TNT event weekend dinners/events. I'm excited because both my parents, and *hopefully* my brother, will be coming out for the race. I've also heard it's one of the best tris for spectators because there are a lot of loops so you can see the people who came out to support you multiple times throughout the race.

I may be smiling here, but Thursday's workout was intense- we did the same hill repeats that we did last week but this time we did almost double the workout and it included some sprinting at the end. Apparently I'm building my endurance though because I didn't stop once and completed the workout!

Saturday we did a 60min bike in Tiburon, had the honoree potluck, and Sunday we did a swim/run workout in Novato (about an hour and a half in the pool and then a 60min run in the HEAT)

The workouts are beginning to get a little longer and we are really starting to build our endurance.

One thing I'm noticing is that I'm really starting to enjoy each of the sports. I used to hate running, and now I'm actually beginning to enjoy myself. Swimming is improving because I'm starting to nail down my form, and biking is fantastic. I've been outdoors a lot (oh heyyyy tan lines) and have seen some really gorgeous views in Marin during our trianing sessions. Biking has definitely been the best in terms of getting out there and seeing some great landscape- you obviously can't go the same distance with running and can't see as much.

This Thursday we get our wetsuits (AH!) but it's still a little while till our first open water swim together. I've never been to Aquatic Park but am looking forward to swimming in the bay for the first time and getting acclimated to the cold water!

This upcoming Saturday I think I'm going to do the Tri for Fun in Pleasanton which will be an interesting way to gauge my times, transitioning, and endurance. It will definitely be a great brick workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment