Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tri for Fun!

This weekend I'll be participating in my first triathlon- it's a sprint distance and it's in Pleasanton- hosted by On Your Mark Events and called Tri for Fun! First heard about this last year when my friend Ritz participated while he was training for an olympic distance race in the fall, and heard about it again when Sports Basement Vinh did Tri for Fun in June. They host 3 races over summer- June, July and August- and each race is the 3rd week of the month. Rumor has it our Team in Training group is going to do our own mock race in August, but I thought why not get a head start and try it out now?

Since we won't be getting our TNT wetsuits till this Thursday (henceforth I have yet to swim in the Bay), this will actually be my first open water swim! The water at the lake in Pleasanton is supposed to be a warm 72 degrees so I'm gonna skip the wetsuit and just swim in my tri top and shorts.

Sports Basement Vinh and I will be leaving bright and early in the morning at 5:10am sharp (ha- looks like cocktails/dancing at the 1st anniversary of 3rd Fridays at 330 Ritch isn't in the cards this week!)

I'm also looking forward to documenting my first race review on Racevine... hopefully many more race reviews to come this year!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Sweetie! Hope it's easy and fun for you. Hugs,--Mom

    ReplyDelete