Monday, July 6, 2009

Last week: Workouts and DATE AUCTION

Monday/Wednesday: swam 1400yds (Wednesday also did Dailey Method class in the morning)
Tuesday: 60min spin class with Joel (seasoned triathlete- his class is no joke!)
Thursday: ran hills with the team near Sports Basement (pics included)
Friday off
(... aaaand apparentely took Saturday and Sunday off too- oops!)

It was 4th of July weekend and I was out of town in Napa to celebrate the holiday Saturday-Sunday. Making up for it by running this evening (did a 5.5 mile loop to/from my apt and down to Crissy Field to Hopper's Hands by the bridge) and doubling up tomorrow with a swim and spin class after work.

More importantly however, this week I've officially surpassed the 50% mark online with my fundraising goal, and am going to blow that goal through the water with all the donations I am submitting this week from the Date Auction fundraising event I hosted!

Event was a HUGE success- many thanks to everyone who came out for it and especially for all my friends who helped out collecting $10 donations at the door, got donations for the silent
 auction, and of course everyone who auctioned off a date for the event! Also special thanks to Norm Urgino, otherwise known as DJ eNORMous (pictured below) for providing the amazing music for the night as well as serving as the event's auctioneer.

In total I raised $4,300, which combined with a fundraiser at Eastside West ($295 raised) and contributions from friends and family, I should be well on my way to my fundraising goal- to DOUBLE my fundraising minimum for the season.

In addition to working hard to acheive my endurance goals this season, the mission of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is important to me and the reason behind why I got involved with Team in Training. Two family members have been diagnosed with CLL, one of the four main types of Leukemia, and after hearing the stories of multiple people I have crossed paths with over the past month (TNT Honorees in addition to random people at the bars or on the bus who have shared their story about being affected by blood cancer and helped by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) it has only solidified my committment to acheiving this goal.

If anyone would like to make a contribution to the cause, donations can be made online through my fundraising page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/pactri09/bhaags

ANY donation will add up to make a big difference. Pass along the link to friend or family members that would like to make a donation too- all donations are 100% tax deductible and you will receive a tax ID # for your records.

This week we are having an Honoree Potluck and will get to spend time with four of the honorees who will share their stories with our team and remind us all of the reason behind our group's training and raising money together.

No comments:

Post a Comment