Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Solstice Bike Ride

Last night was the Summer Solstice- officially the longest day of the year, meaning it was light outside for a really really long time. Some chose to grab cocktails at Tipsy Pig in celebration, some chose to celebrate on their roofdecks over wine and appetizers.

I chose to go on a 2 hour bike ride. Why? Because I'm a triathlete, duh. Well a triathlete in training, don't want to get too ahead of myself here. Sports Basement Vinh took me out for a 20 mile ride across the bridge and into Saulsalito. The conditions were ideal, the views were spectacular and it was definitely the longest/most challenging ride I've gone out on. And that last hill going back up to the bridge on the way back was absolutely KILLER.

This morning: 1200 yards (drills included) in the Bay Club pool. All the lanes were filled in the pool on the left side so I had to swim in the "cold pool" which is basically for the people who actually know what they're doing. I initially felt like an amateur but soon realized I'm starting to get the hang of it- I mean I was doing flip turns for the first time!

Tan lines from this weekend's outdoor swim are ridiculous. And I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment